They rushed the girl to a hospital in Rayong, Thailand where doctors worked on the bleeding four-inch long gash.
In Thailand, a bonding time between father and daughter immediately turned into a bloody and horrific accident.
It started out innocently enough when 25-year-old father Em Phoeykiln picked up his three-year-old daughter Om and began throwing her playfully in the air.
Sadly, Em failed to realize that a fan was spinning overhead.
“Three-year-old Oum was left with a huge gash that exposed her skull after dad Em Phoeykiln, 25, picked her up in their living room,” said a Mirror report.
But the tot was left with a severe injury when her head clattered into the spinning fan - hitting her so hard that the metal blade bent with the impact. Causes her forehead skin open.
Oum was rushed to hospital in Rayong, Thailand, where surgeons performed emergency surgery to stop blood pouring from the four-inch long cut. Stitches over her forehead to close the big wound.
"I was just playing with her at home like we do all the time,” said Em, who works as a driver. "Somehow when I was throwing Oum up in the air, her head hit the fan. I wasn't letting go of her and she was still in my hands. But she just hit the fan.”
He also recalled seeing blood pouring out of her daughter’s head, and that she was in a lot of pain.
Oum underwent emergency surgery under anesthetic while surgeons stapled together the four-inch long cut and bandaged her head.
The family was charged a total of 69,647 Baht for the emergency operation and one night in the hospital.
Thailand has a private health care system and the family did not have medical insurance for their daughter.
They need to raise the money to pay for the bill for the operation and have started by selling off their household items.
"We don't have that money but the doctor said 'don't be slow to decide, as it could be too late'.
"They wouldn't reduce the price but they did the operation and we are selling our belongings at home to pay for it.”
During the emergency surgery, doctors stapled Oum’s head shut and then bandaged her head.
Thankfully, the toddler is healing well. She is now back home and is already walking again, but she will have a massive scar on her head.
So what can you say about this story? We have to think of a something much safer way we could play with our children Share us your thoughts by simply leaving on the comment section below.
For more news and latest updates, feel free to visit our site often. Thanks for dropping by and reading this post.
SOURCE: ASIAN PARENT
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. Photos used are for illustration purposes only. We do not own the photos and no copyright infringement is intended If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and does not wish for it appears on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.